The Office of the Inspector General released a Special Advisory Bulletin on May 8, 2013 which outlined requirements for monitoring vendors against state and federal exclusion lists. These guidelines outline fines and penalties for any organization using Medicare or Medicaid funds to directly or indirectly pay vendors who are excluded.
Articles in this section
- What is an Exclusion?
- Is my information secure?
- Why do healthcare companies have to monitor vendors for exclusions?
- How do you determine who is a vendor?
- Is there a cost to the vendors to sign up for VendorProof?
- How long does it take to sign up?
- Do I have to pay a fee for all of my hospital/healthcare customers?
- What happens if I don’t sign up?
- How often do I need to log in to VendorProof?
- What part of the vendor management process does VendorProof handle?